Bone Tomahawk

The film with perhaps the best dialogue of the year, and one of my favourite all-round movies I saw this year was Bone Tomahawk.

With a great cast, all performing at their best (in fact it took ages for me to realise which actors I was even watching in the cases of Richard Jenkins and Matthew Fox), there was unlikely a better ensemble cast this year.

I've seen read that some people find the pace too slow for what they'd heard was a western/horror mashup, but I would have gladly spent another hour with these characters as they talked their way through the barren countryside. I loved these guys.

When the horror does arrive though, it doesn't take the easy road. There are some truly shocking moments which won't soon be forgotten. 

I made up a simple little poster for the film, after ripping images from the great character posters released for the movie.

Can't wait for S. Craig Zahler's next feature. This was a gem.



No comments:

Post a Comment